Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Dummy loads

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Dummy loads


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Got a couple of Dale 5 ohms. These are the big gold anodized heatsinks. 100 watt.

    Free to a good home. Can ship to the lower 48 for about 6 bucks.

    Just hate to toss 'em in the scrap metal bin.

    Please email- I don't make it here everyday.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Dummy loads


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Don wants 'em.

    It just rubs me the wrong way to trash things like this, so much stuff is trashed anyway.

    Back in my youger days my roomate was a city garbage collector. One day he brought home a Gibson small body acoustic, sans strings.
    I played that thing for years as a backup acoustic, finally somebody offered serious cash- it turned out to be from 1947.

    To me, throwing stuff like that out should be a criminal act.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member donaldpatten's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 26th, 2004
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    Old Guy
    Thank you...the check is in the mail
    BTW Nice reply comments on the autoformer.
    Don

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Dummy loads


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Heh. Most people I know are trying to get me to stop talking. forums


    I'll get those on the way as soon as I get your info. Glad you could use them

    I'm negotiating to liquidate most of my sound gear. I'd like to sell at least the two big systems as opreating systems. I've got severa intersted buyers there.

    when I get down to cleaning out the ware house God knows what I'll find. I've got stuff I haven't seen in 30 years.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member James Bonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 1st, 2005
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Old Guy I hate to hear you are selling off some of your stuff, I seam to remember you recently got married? Are you just slowing down or are you getting ready to move to a warmer location? I am in West Virginia close to the Ohio River and you were watching for me some 816A cabinets I currently have 10 but am needing sixteen. E-mail me your location and I would like to stop by and see what you have for sell in your warehouse.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Dummy loads


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm selling some stuff- I'm headed our out the SR biz.

    The Two big systems will probably goe as one piece, I hate to part them out.

    I'm negtiatin with my manager- he may want to keep a downsized rental business going.

    I'm going to hopefully move to mailorder.

    Post some stuff, go fishing for a couple hours (I have my own stream and ponds), then come back in and check emails.

    There are a lot of small items I'll probably post as freebies.

    Basically, I don't have any list, just will ahve to post stuff as it shakes out...

    I have contracts for most of the summer so the systems won't be for sale till september.

    Watching for cabs for you- they have gotten less plentifull.

    Will let you know if I see any.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member James Bonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 1st, 2005
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Have you sold off all the equipment you planed to get rid of yet?

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Dummy loads


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Most of the dollar value was in the two big systems, they have been sold thru Soundbroker.

    There are a lot of odds and ends. About 40 years worth.

    I only post here what I think might be of interest, sort of esoteric stuff.

    Are you lookning for mostly SR stuff?

    What happens is every now and then I go by my old building, load up a pickup lload, and take it to the nrew place and sort. At the rate I'm going this is prolly gonna take a year to do..

    I pulled out 4 Dyna Mk II amps the other day- those I'll prolly keep. there are som Hafler amps, they took a blow to the volume controls. i may keep those for stage monitor amps for a pub system if i build one.

    If I run across and semi-rare Altec stuff I'll post pics. But that stuff i'll prolly keep. I keep hoping one of the grandkids would develop an interest.

    feel free to shoot me a PM- I come by here at least twice a week, I only check email every couple weeks, so a PM will get more attention.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.